Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Coffee is awesome...

I'm going to come out and say it. Coffee is amazing. I've only been drinking it for about 2 years now, but the amount I've learned about coffee in this time has grown significantly. I've began drinking a local brand of coffee that roasts it here in Salt Lake, fresh! It tastes amazing.

Aside from Coffee, I'll bring some politics into this: I hate Starbucks. Upon getting into Coffee, I've learned about their business practices and visited a local coffee shop a couple of times. This specific coffee shop, picked a location that Starbucks had skipped out on a few months prior due to them determining it was a poor location. However, soon after setting up shop in the exact location Starbucks denied, the company bought a plot of the parking lot, and built a stand-alone Starbucks location. This was specifically to put the little local shop out of business.

That's not cool in my book; thanks to this they did me the favor of opening my eyes to their ways. I will never bring my business to Starbucks again. This unfortunately was at great cost, as I'm no longer able to frequent the little shop.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment